Monday, November 26, 2012

Black Monday

Today was not a good day for me.

Recently, my employer decided to terminate a formerly key employee. This decision was reached after considerable reflection on the part of my employer. This employee had decided to invest heavily in the past and forego sharing the vision of the future that our employer had hoped for. After this formerly key employee purposeefully making life miserable for all around the situation, our employer, after realizing through evidence that the situation was uncomfortably past the point of reconciliation, decided to formally part ways.

I suppose that it is not surprising to learn that this black soul is now about town saying bad things about us and damaging our business and our reputation by his actions. Amazingly, this employee is managing to profit from the very incompetence and other unhealthy behaviours that led to our employer seeking out new avenues for affecting its business plan.

Under attack from self-centered greed and competence based on income and ideology rather than success and results, I am once again dismayed at the state of capitalism in our buyer-beware society.

Black Friday followed, at least for me, directly by Black Monday. I could get so much more done if I didn’t have to unravel mistruths, lies and blasphemy. It takes a black soul to see into the mind of a black soul. I realize that I just don’t have that and I don’t want it.

No comments: