Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Thanksgiving Day Prayer

Someone dear to me called me to thank me.  I listened while he talked.  It was part apology, part confession, part thanks, part promise for the future.  It was 100% beautiful.  

I've been thanked before.  This time I felt a real connection to him, I also felt a real connection to myself.  I felt a connection to all things.

I wanted to thank him, but I didn't want to take away from his moment.  I just told him that I was proud and privileged to be with him on his journey.

Dr. Amen makes the claim - based on his research - that gratitude can be more effective than pharmaceuticals against depression and anxiety.  Even if that is only kinda true, its remarkable.

We are all sitting in different seats on the same bus on one interconnected journey together.  I am thankful for that today.  I hope you on this day can feel my gratitude and feel your own as well.


No comments: