Friday, August 3, 2012

Ambiguity-phobe?

So, I am what I am.  Sorry about that.

I was engaged to be/act/live less ambiguously.  This came in my professional life.  People whom I newly work to lead asked me to simply tell them what to do.  Don't ask them.  Don't suggest.  Don't wait for them to choose to engage.  Just show them where the bus is, tell them which seat to get on and push.

And so, my love of ambiguity is put to the test.  Am I comfortable enough with ambiguity to be concrete in its midst?

Seems boring to me, but I march forward, boldly.  Am I OK with being perceived in a dichotomy when I live awash in unadulterated complexity?

I think we're about to find out.

Now, maybe I'll have a higher capacity to understand people's fear of ambiguity as I kinda am fearing the concrete.

No comments: